Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Over 800 miles in 3 months on my first pair of Hoka Bondi B's and still running in them.

As a lot of you runners know, especially you ultra runners or those who put in lots of miles, soar feet, soar legs and achy joints are usually the norm the following morning after a long run. We'll I fell into that roll and got tired of it and looked into and found what I call the best shoe I've ever put on my feet. I also got tired of trying to find that perfect all around road/trail shoe or finding a trail shoe that really worked for most trail conditions. I now have my perfect shoe, personally I feel the Hoka Bondi B is not only a great road shoe its also a pretty darn good trail shoe. I've taken my Bondi B's on some really technical, long and nasty trail runs and let me tell you something they work really well. OK! I know a lot of you say they are ugly, goofy looking and look like your grandma's shoes, thats fine, say what you want and thats the problem with a lot of runners today, you all want to look cool, fast and stylish while running. As for me, I want to wake up the next morning feeling like I didn't run the day before, I want to be able to do a 40 mile run on the road and wake up the next morning and go out on a 20 mile trail run feeling great. Thats what the Hoka allows me to do. I've run in Brooks, Asics, Nike, Mizuno, Saucany, Montrail and non of those shoes allowed me to put in the miles like the Hoka has. And to get over 800 miles of hard road and trail running out of a pair of shoes to me is incredible. I would get to 300 miles on one of my other pair of shoes I used to wear and it felt like I was running with 2x4's on my feet. Forgot to mention I washed my Hoka's in the washing machine 3 times and it didn't even hurt the performance of the shoe and yes I'm still running in them. Looking forward to putting 1000 miles on first ever pair of Bondi B's.

3 comments:

  1. Nice review. I too spent several weeks reading reviews and finally pulled the trigger and ordered a pair. Should get them in a few days and can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Eddie! Glad you pulled the trigger. Keep me posted on how they work out for you. Thanks for the comment.
    -Richard Lima

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - just stumbled on your post from a Google search on washing Hokas in the washing machine. I've got a pair of Bondi Speeds and wanted to drop them in the washer. did you just wash yours in cold/cold? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete