Friday, January 13, 2012

2 weeks off...much needed. But hard to do!

So I'm taking 2 weeks off from running and x-training. Instead I'm re-habing with Angela Sneed from Advanced Athletic Training Solutions, all those little aches and pains, doing lots of stretching which I really never do and going to the gym to sit in the sauna and steam room. Even though some rest its much needed its hard not to be doing some kind of physical activity. I've had 8 months of some serious running (with lots of miles), racing and x-training and now its time to let all the muscles rest and try to make it through these 2 weeks, and come back even stronger. I know rest is as if not more important than than training, problem is I don't do well with resting or taking time off.
Now that a lot of my running has turned more to trail than on the road, its allowed me to run more with less soreness, asphalt and concrete just beat you up. You gotta love the trails, its just so much more satisfying for your mind than battling the traffic, crazy drivers and breathing in all those awful exhaust fumes. I can't wait to get back to what I love to do...RUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment